Location: Remote. Applicants based in the Southeastern US a plus.
Salary: $27 – $32 per hour, approx hours per week varies depending on client grant deadlines, scope, and workflow. Expect about average 10+
Reports to: DéLana R.A. Dameron, Founder, Red Olive Creative Consulting
About Red Olive Creative Consulting
Red Olive Creative Consulting (Red Olive) is a boutique fundraising and organizational development consulting firm, specializing in small shop, start-up, and Black arts organizations. Red Olive’s philanthropic arm, Black Art Futures Fund, (BAFF) is a collaborative project aimed at developing a stronger private sector of funds specifically for small Black-led, Black-serving arts institutions across the country, and launched in 2017. With BAFF’s Executive and Advisory board volunteers, Red Olive organizes fundraisers to leverage individual dollars in service of small Black arts organizations. Together, we help organizations build stronger infrastructures for pivotal moments, growth postures, and leadership change.
We are growing and excited to explore the possibilities of our work as we mark 7 years this summer. Our ecosystem of knowledgeable arts administrators of color, established professionals in the arts & culture field, institutional and individual funders as partners in this work, a network of clients and grantee organizations spanning the continental US make us an ideal partner for established arts worker candidates wanting to make change and deep impact across sectors in service to arts & culture field and the future sustainability of small Black arts organizations. As we are invested in the future of the organizations we work with, Red Olive invests in our team. We encourage and will support professional development opportunities, and will purchase a membership to a cultural institution of your choice.
About the position
Red Olive seeks a Project Consultant who is passionate about small and community-based organizations—their challenges & triumphs. The Project Consultant will help administer existing client work with particular focus on grants writing, support the founder in securing new clients, and strengthening overall Red Olive & BAFF’s written content and storytelling. In addition to skills and experience in fund development and writing, this position is for you if you are independently and intrinsically motivated, able to prioritize, manage, and monitor your own task lists, and are team-oriented.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support founder + chief strategist in client fundraising efforts, focusing on strong storytelling for institutional funders, including grant writing of proposals and reports;
- Manage client grants calendars as they pertain to Red Olive’s deliverables;
- Conduct client prospect research for institutional and individual giving;
- Ensures Red Olive maintains strong work files to turn over to client after engagements are completed;
- Support management of other related activities such as:
- With founder, liaison with BAFF executive and advisory board members and support their fundraising efforts
- Creating and Editing content for twice-monthly newsletters, ensuring institutional language consistency and engagement
- Lead content design for Red Olive / BAFF’s annual report
- Other duties as needed and necessary, including full participation in team meetings, and Red Olive gatherings.
- Exceptional grant writing and storytelling skills
- Strong project management capabilities
- Knowledge of non-profit fundraising best practices and landscape
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Active interest, participation, and patron of the arts
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and the names and contact of two references as a single PDF document to: email@example.com
Please put in the email subject: RED OLIVE PROJECT CONSULTANT.
We will not be able to contact all applicants, but plan on inviting a first round of virtual interviews in early June, aiming for a July start.
About Red Olive Creative Consulting
Founded in 2013 as a response to making strategic and high level fundraising expertise available and affordable to small arts groups, Red Olive Creative Consulting continues that work through expanding the field of arts administrators of color, helping organizations move people and financial resources in support of their mission and vision through: strategic consulting, lending capacity to organizations, leadership development and training.