Job: Project Consultant, Fundraising for Red Olive Creative Consulting
Location: Remote. Applicants based in the Southeast US a plus but not required
Compensation: $30-$40 per hour, approximate hours per week varies depending on client deadlines, scope, and workflow. Expected Min: 10 hours / week.
Reports to: DéLana R.A. Dameron, Founder & Red Olive Universe Architect
About Red Olive Creative Consulting
Red Olive Creative Consulting (Red Olive) is a boutique fundraising and organizational development consulting firm, specializing in small shop, start-up, and Black arts organizations. We help organizations build stronger infrastructures through fundraising strategies for pivotal moments, growth postures, and leadership change.
We are growing and excited to explore the possibilities of our work as we mark 8 years of operation this summer. Our Red Olive Universe—of knowledgeable arts administrators, established professionals in the arts & culture field, institutional and individual funders as partners in this work, a network of clients and grantee organizations spanning the continental US—make us an ideal partner for established arts worker candidates wanting to make change and a deep impact across sectors in service to the arts & culture field and the future sustainability of arts organizations.
As we are invested in the future of the organizations we work with, Red Olive invests in our team. We encourage and will financially support professional development opportunities.
About The Position
Red Olive seeks a Project Consultant who is passionate about small-to-midsized and community-based arts & culture organizations—their challenges & triumphs.
The Project Consultant will help administer existing client work with particular focus on the activities of fundraising: individual giving, fundraising department operations, and finally, grants writing.
In addition to skills and experience in fund development and writing, this position is for you if you are independently and intrinsically motivated, able to prioritize, manage, and monitor your own task lists, and are team-oriented in a distributed work environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support founder + Red Olive Universe Architect in client fundraising efforts, focusing on strong storytelling
- Donor database management for individual funders, sometimes including grant writing of proposals and reports;
- Manage client task calendars as they pertain to Red Olive’s deliverables;
- Conduct client prospect research for institutional and individual giving;
- Ensure Red Olive maintains strong work files to turn over to client after engagements are completed;
- Other duties as needed and necessary, including full participation in client meetings as it pertains to your workflow, Red Olive team meetings and trainings.
- Exceptional storytelling skills
- Strong project management capabilities
- Knowledge of non-profit fundraising best practices and landscape, focus on individual giving a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Active interest, participation, and patron of the arts
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and the names and contact information of two references as a single PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put in the email subject: RED OLIVE PROJECT CONSULTANT.
We will not be able to contact all applicants, but plan on inviting a first round of virtual interviews in April-May, aiming for a June or July start.