INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR—GRANTS WRITER
FEBRUARY 1, 2020
Red Olive Creative Consulting is growing its team! Building on its years of experience in arts in culture, with particular focus on INSTITUTIONAL GIVING, we are ready to add another INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR—GRANT WRITERto our roster. We love to work with collaborative team members who are exceptional storytellers. We believe the perfect candidate may not have considered work as an arts administrator, andunderstand our contribution to the field could be tohelp folks discover the JOY that can exist in making a fundraising case through strong grantsmanship.
This position is part of a small & radical consulting team responsible for full-service Grants Management for Red Olive Creative Consulting clients. These activities include grant writing and reporting with public agencies, private foundations, and corporations. Specifically, this position will be eventuallyresponsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for existing grant-funded projects.
We will help you grow into successful role acquisition for this position.This is a location-independent remote position.
- May be responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources
- Work with client finance departments to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation/government funderson current grant programs
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors
- Understanding of institutional history and programs•Maintain client current records, including grant tracking and reporting
- Collect and clean statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
- Ability to be self-motivating and self-directed, required.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals
- Strong editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to track multiple moving pieces across departments and people, while making sure to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donor
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research
- Strong contributor in distributed team environments
- Minimum 3 years work experience
- Strong storytelling skills—liberal arts education with writing emphasis
- Exceptional handle of persuasive writing in English
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines
While we are open to hiring strong candidates who may not have direct experience in grants writing, this is a PAID INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR POSITION, and comes with a high level of mentorship and guidance. The selected team member can expect to spend a consistent number of hours of week, approximately 5-10, though it will vary higher or lower by grant deadlines, which we cannot control. Total compensation will be dependent upon relevant experience and monthly grant load per Red Olive client base.To apply: Please send a cover letter indicating what it means to be a grant writer for arts & culture at this time, why you are the right candidate, and what you will bring to the energy of team Red Olive Creative Consulting and our clients. Please also send a resume, three writing samples and the names / contact of 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write RED OLIVE GRANTS WRITER in the Subject Line. Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until March 1,2020. Early applicants are strongly encouraged.
About Red Olive Creative Consulting
Founded in 2013, Red Olive Creative Consulting is a Black woman founded and led boutique consulting agency specializing in arts & culture fundraising and organizational development for small-to-midsize organizations across the United States. Our primary work is conducted remotely; our distributed work force is located in South Carolina, New York, Georgia, and Virginia.